Sunday, October 02, 2005

 

Order in Madness

"So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it." (Isaiah 55: 11)
Have you ever had an experience when things seem to go wrong only to discover it was all in divine order? I had such an experience yesterday.

I'm on my way to the library to do some work. At the bus station I notice this woman standing next to me who looks very familiar. Is she our neighbour? She looks like her? Surely she would have recognised me if she was. So I look away. I'm still wondering whether it is her or not. When my bus arrives I take a closer look, it's not her.

The Internet is not working in the library. I type some articles on Word and save then on disc. After working for two hours, I hop on the bus into town. Too late I discover I'm on the wrong bus. Bloody Nora! Hang on a minute! There's no way I could have got on the wrong bus for no reason. There must be something Big Me is trying to show mini me, something I need to see. So I take the wrong bus to the local station. As soon as I arrive at that station another bus arrives which I take back to where I intended to go. When I get off the bus, who should I see walking towards me? My neighbour. She doesn't recognise me so I let her go. The detour wasn't a detour at all, but my thought finding a way to be made manifest.

That experience is another demonstration that the thought of a thing is the thing itself. It's no longer about attracting similar thoughts but the very thing itself. If I think of my neighbour I attract the same neighbour. So I have to be very careful what I think of.

I also have to be very clear about my intent. I have now made it very clear that only what I consciously think of is made manifest; dreams (as in night dreams) don't count.

Incidentally, last night I watched the film, The Shawshank Redemption again. It is about a man, Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) who has been imprisoned for a crime he didn't commit and his experiences in prison. Andy never gives up hope that he will one day be free. He has in mind where he is going to live and what he's going to be doing. He even suggests to his best friend in prison, Red (played by Morgan Freeman), that they could work together. In one scene, Andy tells Red that if he is ever released, he should go to a forest where he will find something buried near a tree. When Andy escapes from prison he heads off to the place of his dreams. Later Red is released and he follows his friend's instructions to the exact spot in the forest where he finds a letter from Andy and some money. Red breaks his parole and goes in search of his friend so they can be together.

What struck me about this scene is the faith Andy had that he was going to escape from prison and leave the money in that spot for Red to find. Andy's one-pointed intent is one that will always achieve whatever the sender intended to achieve. All the sender has to do is believe.

Be careful what you think of; it might come true.

All my love,
Enocia



<< Home