Saturday, September 10, 2005

 

Having the Eyes to See What is Already Present

"Who would stand before a blackboard, and pray the principle of mathematics to solve the problem? The rule is already established, and it is our task to work out the solution. Shall we ask the divine Principle of all goodness to do His own work? His work is done, and we have only to avail ourselves of God's rule in order to receive His blessing, which enables us to work out our own salvation." Science and Health

"Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law." (Psalm 119: 18)

The Universe is always supporting me in all I do.

Sometimes one can get so used to seeing things in one way, one misses out on many other ways one's prayer has been answered.

Take what happened an hour ago. I was on the bus and it was pelting it down with rain. As I didn't fancy getting wet, I prayed for the rain to stop NOW and believing it to be so. From what I could see outside it didn't look as if my prayer had been answered. Despite what my senses were suggesting, I knew I was already walking in dry weather.

It was still raining when I got off the bus, so I stood under the bus shelter and took out my umbrella, which acted as protection against the rain. Then I walked to the next bus stop where my next bus was waiting. During the bus journey the sun came out and it stopped raining.

See what I mean about having the eyes to see? The Universe provided the perfect answer that took care of my need to stay dry while providing rain for those who expected rain. Prayers are always answered but they may not be the way one expects. Maybe, instead of praying for something to happen, one should pray to see what already is.

May we all have the eyes to see what is.

With love,
Enocia




<< Home