Friday, August 12, 2005

 

My Vision of Peace

While the world's ways are not my ways, I also believe it is important for me to be aware of what is going on in the world, even if they are not my truth. I spend a large amount of my time researching various ideas out there.

Last night I watched the final part of the documentary The Cult of the Suicide Bomber. The presenter looked at the origin of suicide bombing and the families of these bombers or martyrs as they are regarded. According to the documentary, some suicide bombers believe they are playing their part in their struggle for liberation, while some believe they are following Allah's will. The presenter concluded that the new purpose is to create terror and chaos in humanity.

You know, it really doesn't matter to me the reasons for terror attacks. I am only concerned with one question:

How can I play my part to achieve lasting peace?

My truth is you can only be afraid of something if you see it as real. I'm also aware that for many of those killed in the bomb blasts in London, in Madrid, and in New York, the middle east, and all over the world, their deaths were very much real to their loved ones. There is a way one can live without fighting and feeling fear - see everything as Love.

Now I am aware that we don't all agree what Love is. This is what I mean by Love. Love is beyond human beliefs and concepts. It is simply pure energy, pure awareness. When you are in the presence of someone who is in that state you're overwhelmed by it all because it feels so accepting, comforting and blissful. This energy/Love is everywhere. What if each of us were to live with this truth: that this pure awareness is all there is and exists in all things? You will know that you are always in Love's presence. You wouldn't need to be fearful of guns and missiles and bombs as you will be confident that what appears as guns is pure awareness. Where there are no concepts or beliefs, guns can't harm anyone. It's only when we give these thought-forms power, when we give them meaning, that they seem to have power.

I have written elsewhere that once when I had grit in my eye it was very painful when I resisted it. When I remembered that all is Love and I only had Love in my eye, there was no pain. The grit simply melted into nothing.

I can't force people to change their behaviour but I can continue to see everything in the Universe as Love. Then instead of reading stories of mayhem and destruction in the media, there will be more stories of Love in action.

I know that the substance of all is pure awareness/Love. It is how I choose to see the Universe.

This is how I have been inspired to play my part in the Universe.

All my Love,
Enocia



<< Home