Friday, August 05, 2005

 

Giving

Now that I am awake to the world's ways there are many habits I had that I now regard as beliefs and distractions from being Self.

The other day I had a headache that lasted for a moment and it was gone. How? I didn't give it any further energy by reacting in any way, it disappeared into nothing. Damn! I can't even prolong the suffering. Blast!

I can no longer lie in bed feeling sorry for myself when I know that feeling sorry for myself is not who I am. What a bummer!

I can no longer look to the world to make me happy as the world's idea of happiness is not my idea of happiness.

I can no longer look to the world to make me successful as the world's idea of success is not how I see success.

I can no longer look to the world to give me joy, peace, love, freedom and wealth as the world's ideas of joy, peace, love, freedom and wealth are not my ideas.

I certainly cannot look to the world for truth as the world's idea of truth is not my truth.

To cut a long story short, the world's ways are not my ways.

Since I am not getting anything from the world, what the bleep am I doing here? What is my purpose? Do I just sit around and do nothing? Boring! Do I end this life and move on to pastures new? Where else is there but here? Besides, wherever I am, I still am.

The Universe expects nothing from anyone as She is everything. Every moment aspects of the Universe seeks expression. When the Universe is expressing Herself, she is giving of Self. The Universe and I are one. So I open myself up to the part of the Universe that seeks expression and express it in my own way. It could be sharing a smile, a joke, or stories; I could be in silence, go for a walk, enjoy a delicious meal, make new friends, watch a movie, play with an animal, read, or the myriads of ways the Universe seeks expression. Only then am I fulfilling purpose of giving of Self.

The Universe is always giving of Self. Giving is, therefore, no longer what I should do but what I am about. Giving is my purpose.

All my love,
Enocia



<< Home