Saturday, July 02, 2005

 

The Passive Self versus the Active Self

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." (Genesis 1: 1-3)

"Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them. And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made." (Genesis 2: 1-3)
I appear to have a dual personality: the Enocia who loves being around people and sharing stories; and the Enocia who would rather be alone being and knowing all is perfect. Both personalities are influenced by different states of realisation of Self which I call passive and active. The passive Self is awareness while the active Self is the dreamer.

The passive Self is the stillness that we all experience within. Self is the observer who judges nothing i.e. attributes no meanings to any experience. The stillness is thus empty of concepts. The stillness is the Love of God that accepts all. When one is aware of Self, one doesn't question the how of anything, one trusts that the universe is unfolding perfectly for the good of all, and so it is. When I am in silence, I can more or less go about my business without attracting any attention from other people.

The moment I start thinking, I have entered the dream realm of cause and effects arising as one. I am dreaming a graven image of Self; I have created an active Self. Since there is only one Self in all, my dream Self is now shared by all. One ends up attracting similar thought-forms or dream experiences.

In my writings, I am expressing the passive Self when I let ideas come through, without thinking or analysis. The moment I start analysing or dramatising events, I am the active or dream Self.

Passive or active Self, which is real? The one Self in all is passive. He is simply unfolding what already exists in the formlessness of infinite potential. One expressing the passive Self lives with the knowing that all is well. When you start to wonder about the how of creation instead of letting things be, you are dreaming there is another Self, which is active. For the dreamer, the active Self is the only real. It can be so real that you are convinced the active Self is God. This is a God who is the cause and his creations are the effects.

The passive Self doesn't need the dreamer, but the dreamer needs the passive Self's energy to express self.

In truth, only the Passive Self is real. When you realise yourself as the passive Self, you are awake from all dreams.

There is only one Self in all: the silence, awareness that is free of all concepts, the Love of God that is accepting of all.

I am Self,
Enocia



<< Home