Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Kicking the Habit

London is a cosmopolitan city. There are times during my travels when it seems as if you're in a different country, what with many different languages being spoken. This is what makes the British culture so rich and vibrant. Is it any wonder why the British national cuisine is now curry.

I was born in London, but I only lived in London for 4 years and then we went to live in Sierra Leone. I returned to London when I was 16. Though I felt like an immigrant, it wasn't too much of a culture shock because English was already my second language. We were taught in English; we spoke the Queen's English; all the books were written in English; most of the television shows were American and they speak English don't they, sort of (grin); and the many Indian and Chinese movies at the cinema were either dubbed in English or were in English subtitles. So, English was almost my mother-tongue. I soon realised that the English I spoke was slightly different from the colloquial English the natives spoke in London, which took a bit of getting used to. I can now speak like a native.

As an immigrant, you could pass yourself off as British while still holding on to your cultural beliefs. I know many people who consider Africa or the West Indies to be their home, even though they've lived in the UK longer than at "home." I've even met black people, born and raised in the UK, who consider Africa or the West Indies to be their real home. It doesn't matter where you are living, you take the same beliefs with you.

Shifting paradigm is a whole new ball game. What do I mean by paradigm? A paradigm is a way of viewing reality and life in the universe. Humans have many beliefs but, no matter how different people's beliefs are on the surface, underneath they all share a consensus view of reality. This is the paradigm of cause/effect of interdependent moments where the present (cause) gives rise to the future (effect). You can change your past in the present; you can even jump to the future and change your present and past. The past, present and future are very much real in this paradigm.

There is a paradigm which I consider to be Reality: the causeless. The causeless paradigm is devoid of concepts, ideas and beliefs. Every moment is new and fresh and has no connection to other moments. Thus, I could be having a moment of travelling by bus lasting for an hour. Once that moment is over, it is over. If I were to travel on the same route, I expect the moment to be completely new and having no connection to the previous moment. Every moment is, therefore, a standalone experience emerging from the causeless and dissolving into the causeless.

As you can imagine, the causeless realm challenges everything I've held to be true. But my attention is so focused on the causeless that it's easy to let go of cause/effect. OK, it's not always so easy. Sometimes it's a case of being dragged kicking and screaming. Here's one habit of cause/effect that was brought to my attention for me to release.

In the causeless paradigm every moment, however long the moment lasts, is always new. I like to visualise the causeless as light flowing through me where every moment I am experiencing is a new me. I was having one such visualisation and feeling all this energy then I realised instead of letting the new me emerge, I was trying to heal the old me. Healing is an indication of still living in the cause/effect paradigm. In the causeless realm, there is no need to change anything, you simply open yourself up for the new to be made manifest. You have a headache? Don't try to heal your head or take pain killers, just manifest a new moment that contains a you with no headache. But the moment you try to change or heal something, you are coming from the premise that there is a cause that needs to be changed in order for the future to be different. At least that has been brought to conscious awareness that I don't need to change anything, just manifest the new.

Another belief that was brought to my attention for me to let go of was the notion of psychic powers. As a psychic, you are able to "read" thought patterns around you through your preferred filtering system or senses. If you tend to be visual your filter is clairvoyance; if you are kinaesthetic, your filter is clairsentience; auditory, your filter is clairaudience; if you tend to just know things your filter is claircognisance; or a combination of all four. You may even be able to smell (olfactory) and taste (gustatory) thought forms, but I don't know their filtering names. Hehehe! You can use your psychic powers to "read" events in the future based on what is in the present; from the present you can also "read" what has occurred in the past. You could even "read" alternate realities that are possible outcomes of the present.

There are many psychics who claim future events are revealed to them by God. Of course they are, a God of cause/effect. Naturally, this God inhabits all time and space and therefore knows everything that occurs in all time and space.

Is there a place for psychic powers in the causeless realm?

In the causeless realm where every moment is new and has no connection to other moments, it is truly a realm of the unknown. The only thing that can be known about the causeless realm is that it is unfathomable. The God of the causeless realm doesn't have a clue either. How can God reveal what He doesn't know? Who can predict the unknown?

You can't live in the causeless realm and expect to predict the future or reading the past. If you are, you are "reading" the Universal Mind of cause/effect. To be in the causeless realm you have to let go of the idea of having psychic powers. Psychic powers are a by-product of the Universal Mind of cause/effect; psychic powers are meaningless in the causeless realm.

I have to admit letting go of psychic powers is a tough habit to kick. But let it go I must for true freedom is the unknown, where one can create every moment anew.

In the Causeless Realm,
Enocia

Related articles: Just Say Now; The Eternal Now; Exploring the Then and Now



<< Home