Saturday, July 30, 2005

 

Conscious Creation

In the creation story in Genesis, it is written:

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light." (Genesis 1: 1-3)
Creation is an ongoing process of being; new, discrete, moments of being. The creation cycle goes from formlessness, that is free of all concepts, to forms/being and back to formlessness. Formlessness is what I consider to be pure awareness, I Am, the One, the Causeless Realm or Reality.

What does it mean "Let there be light: and there was light." Is light the medium through which creation occurs? I used to believe light to be mind but I've let go of that belief. Mind is part of the belief in cause/effect. Formlessness that is free of concepts doesn't need mind, It is pure awareness - the One. Formlessness is causeless, therefore, the rules of the known - cause/effect - do not apply. In fact, there are no rules or conditions, therefore, the One can be any form but He is not the form. I see the Light in Genesis as Intent. Intent is simply purpose. The One has a purpose of being and is the form. Each creation is a new moment of creation/being that is instantaneous, but can unfold in longer moments. In Genesis, the process of unfolding or manifestation is symbolised as days.

At the end of creation, it is written:

"And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made." (Genesis 2: 2)
Why did the One rest? Is the One still at rest? Rest is an absolute necessity in creation but there are three aspects of rest. First, rest is detachment from the intent and letting things be. The second aspect of rest is release; acknowledging that that cycle of creation/being is complete, thus, making room for a new moment of creation/being. The third aspect of rest is returning to the void or formlessness. Remember that each moment of creation occurs instantly but may take a while to be made manifest. One can apply this process of creation - formlessness, intent, detachment, release, formlessness - and consciously create every personal experience.

Let's say, I need to go to the supermarket. I start off in the formless state of silence where I realise there is only the One; I am. I then put out an intent of going to do some shopping. This is a new moment of creation that is instant but unfolds as long as it unfolds. I then detach and trust in the formless One to be whatever is necessary to carry out this intent. The One is being the physical body; the One is being the bus; the One is being the bus driver; the One is being the supermarket; the One is being the food items; the One is being the shop staff; etc. Intent creates such one-pointed focus that I pay no attention to anything else. While there are hundreds of other buses, my focus is only on the bus I want, the other buses do not exist. I head off to the supermarket I have in mind and, to me, that is the only supermarket that exists. I let things unfold perfectly. Once this goal has been achieved, it is the end of this moment of creation and it is released into the void. I return to my nature as silence.

While all creations are instantaneous, some creations manifest instantly while others take a lot longer. Let's say you want to create a house. Remember the One can be any form. Realise your nature as the formless I am, put out the intent, detach from the intent, release the intent and be yourself. Know that the creation already exists. Trust in the One and let things be.

I believe you can create your own reality as the formless One. Conscious creation is the natural way to experience all aspects of life: formlessness, intent, detachment, release, formlessness. Remember that every moment of creation is new, discrete and instantaneous.

Let the One be and be yourself.

I am,
Enocia



<< Home