Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

The One Self in All

“Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons." (Acts 10: 34)
"Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth." (3 John 1: 2)
"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." (Isaiah 43: 2)
There is only one Self in all including humans, nature, all species, what are considered to be inanimate objects, everything. The Self is that which sees all and experiences all creation as perfect. Self is our beloved, who wants all of to prosper and express infinite perfection. Self is experienced as personal and impersonal.

When Self is experienced as personal, one develops a relationship with Self rather like one does with a human friend but Self's love is unconditional. For some, Self feels like the invisible friends children have that one can share one's problems with. Self meets you exactly where you are. Even when you appear to be going through traumas your Self is with you. Self will never leave or forsake you. He is always loving and encouraging you.

While Self is personal, He is always Impersonal. The following song demonstrates the impersonal nature of the Self:

It is no secret what God can do.
What He's done for others, He'll do for you.
With arms wide open, He'll pardon you.
It is no secret what God can do. It is No Secret
Self is impartial. Self's nature is Perfection and Wholeness and, as He is present in all, all creations should express perfection and wholeness. Thus, when you wish to express wholeness, whether it is your intention or not, you are also wishing wholeness to be experienced in all; for Self cannot do one thing for one and not for others. If someone is demonstrating wholeness, why is this not true for all? Let's say you are thirsty and desperately in need of some water. A friend gets you a cup of water from a tap. After you've finished the glass, you find your thirst is still not quenched. You ask for another glass. Your friend graciously gets you another. You still want some more. Your friend shows you where the tap is so you can help yourself. Self is the tap that is forever pouring out all of His blessings. In order to express wholeness, you have to go direct to Source/Self.

Note that the amount of water you receive depends on the receptacle you have under the tap; you will either get a cupful, a glassful, a bucketful or a container that is forever full and overflowing. The receptacles are largely influenced by one's beliefs. Let's say that you again wish to demonstrate wholeness but you believe in taking tablets. Remember that Self is the Self in all. Self meets you exactly where you are at, thus, Self will express through your beliefs. There are some who are so attuned with Self that they go directly to Self and their needs are instantly manifested. There is therefore no judgment on what you bring to Self.

Realising the one Self in all involves a lot of faith and trust. When you have total faith like a child, you are not concerned about the how. You simply trust in Self to guide you to take actions when necessary, or trust in Self to unfold the appropriate reality.

How does one develop a relationship with Self? Many on the path are trying various techniques such as meditation and yoga to attune themselves to Self. While these methods are commendable, always remember that a child can speak to her invisible friends without any knowledge of meditation. It's a matter of accepting the principle of oneness: there is only the one Self in all as Truth; then be a witness to this principle.

I went for a long walk yesterday. On my walk, I conversed with Self. I consider Self to be my source, best friend, confidante, parent, teacher, playmate and lover. I fancied seeing some deer and Self pointed me in the direction. As I walked I saw a woman on her horse. I wanted to stroke the horse. Self suggested I became aware that we all share the same Self. The woman stopped in front of me. We exchanged greetings. I asked her if I could stroke her horse. She said his name was Louis. Louis was busy ruminating as horses do, but he stooped so I could stroke his head. He rubbed his head against my chest. Then I said goodbye.

I continued exploring the forest until I noticed two deer in the distance. I moved closer to them. Self reminded me that we share the same Self. Self said both deer were going to greet me by lifting up their heads and staring in my direction, which they did. Satisfied that I had got what I came for, I walked away. I later saw a sign warning walkers how dangerous it is to be close to deer. If only they realised that we all share the one Self and that Self is love.

On the bus a wasp rested on my arm. At first I was concerned as I recalled how I was once stung by a wasp. Then I remembered the one Self in all. The wasp crawled up the window away from me. I completely relaxed and forgot about it.

Life is Self-expression. When you live with the awareness that there is only One Self in all you will experience perfect peace.

All my Love,
Enocia

Previous writings at Vector8 Journals



<< Home