Thursday, June 30, 2005

 

The Game of "Let's Pretend"

Dreams, wakings, states of deep turia sleep,
Present, past, future, no more for me,
But ever-present, all-flowing I, I, everywhere.
Planets, stars, stardust, earth,
Volcanic bursts of doomsday cataclysms,
Creation's molding furnace,
Glaciers of silent x-rays, burning electron floods,
Thoughts of all men, past, present, to come,
Every blade of grass, myself, mankind,
Each particle of universal dust,
Anger, greed, good, bad, salvation, lust,
I swallowed, transmuted all
Into a vast ocean of blood of my own one Being!
Paramahansa Yogananda
Last night, my mother and I watched a revival programme led by Rodney Howard Browne on the God Channel. His ministry is one of laughter and joy. He started off by giving healing. Whenever someone he touched felt the "anointing" or what I would call divine energy, the individual collapsed into fits of laughter. While Rodney was teaching, most of his congregation were rolling on their seats laughing. As this was the first time I'd seen this programme, I wondered out loud: "What's happening?" As if Rodney had heard me he said, "You ask what's happening..." then he explained how the Holy Spirit is the "rivers of living water" as spoken of in the scriptures, which we all have access to.

I was having my supper at the time while I was watching the programme. Suddenly, I felt tipsy like I had been drinking alcohol. My head swayed and I really felt drunk. I was right there in the congregation. When I left the room and went to wash the dishes I returned to normal. The moment I continued watching the programme, I was tipsy again. What's happening to me?

I was experiencing oneness. The programme wasn't live; it could even have been years old, yet I was feeling what the congregation was going through, at least I was open to experience their joy. Is it any surprising I did? There is only One in all. When you realise yourself as the One, this means you are in all time and all space. I was/am the joy in the congregation. After I'd had enough of being drunk I decided to have a bath. I knew it made no difference whether I was having a bath as the One that I Am was/is still present in that revival meeting. To extricate myself from the experience, I had to pretend or dream I was living in my own reality that is outside the reality of the religious programme.

Have you ever had someone wave at you and you wave back only to realise that the one the person was waving at wasn't you but the person next to you? You feel like a right twerp waving at a stranger. Hang on a minute, there is no such thing as strangers! You only dream there are strangers so you can pretend not to know them and develop friendships, or ignore them because you don't know them.

The other day on another bus journey, the bus stopped at a traffic light. A young boy outside was waving and grinning indiscriminately at passengers in the bus. It didn't matter to him whether he "knew" them or if anyone waved back, he was having fun waving. The boy was demonstrating the nature of the One in all who, like the sun, shines its rays impartially on all. As the One, everyone is your friend.

Yesterday morning I got on a bus and sat in front of this woman. We didn't speak as she was obviously a stranger. I couldn't possibly speak to a stranger! Hahaha! Hehehe! Later in the afternoon, I got another bus on a short hop to a station where I intended to change to another bus. Who should I see on my bus but the same woman? I said hello and reminded her I saw her earlier. She couldn't remember. She said she must have been asleep. Yup, her eyes had been wide open; she was probably having a wide-awake dream at the time. She said she'd just come from work and she had no idea why she got on this bus. When I got off at the station she got off too. She marvelled at the coincidence and wondered what it meant. One could try to figure out the intricacies of our meeting and the meaning behind it but my view is that it's simple enough: there is only One. I've lost count of how many "strangers" I've sat next to on my travels and ended up chatting to only to discover we were going to the same place or sharing similar experiences.

The truth is there is only One being the One. The One being the One is oneness. When you walk in awareness of oneness, you see all experiences as yourself until it all gets too much for you. Then you dream you are separate so you can play games of friendship, business, lovers, family, gender, race, animals, nature, food, buses, comedy, tragedy, sickness, death, wealth, poverty, sun, moon, stars, planets, limitless experiences. One day you realise only One exists and see all experiences and manifestations as yourself until it all gets too much for you. Then you dream you are separate so you can play games of ETs, Grays, Zetas, Vectors, Plaiedians, politicians (haha!)...until you realise only One exists... ad infinitum.

Life is only a game of "Let's Pretend." Lighten up!

Light and Love,
Enocia

Previous articles at Vector8 Journals



<< Home